Cookies on the Lower Shelf, a flexible Bible study.
Has it been your desire to read through the Bible?
Perhaps you started with good intentions only to be quickly overwhelmed. This study is designed to help you see the Big Picture in bite sized portions as you methodically walk from Genesis to Revelation.
Cookies on the Lower Shelf: Putting Bible Reading Within Reach by Pam Gillaspie; is a journey through the entire Bible in 30 weeks – 10 weeks at a time! Part 1 covers Genesis – Ruth, Part 2 covers 1 Samuel to Malachi, and Part 3 walks through the New Testament. The series is intended to be as in-depth as the student desires and accommodates all levels of study.
These flexible Bible studies are designed with options that will allow you to go as deep each week as you desire. If you’re just starting out and feeling a little overwhelmed, stick with the main text and don’t do the sidebar assignments. If you’re looking for a challenge, then take the sidebar prompts go deeper. Beginners may find they want to start adding in some of the optional assignments as they go. If you are used to digging deeper but life becomes crazy one week then don’t do the “Digging Deeper” assignments. Flexible studies meet you where you are and take you as far as you want to go.
How to use this study:
• Weekly Study: The main text guides you through the topic of study for the week.
• FYI boxes: For your Information boxes shed additional light on the topic.
• ONE STEP FURTHER and other sidebar boxes: Give you the option to push yourself a little further.
• DIGGING DEEPER boxes: Digging Deeper sections will help you sharpen your skills as you continue to mine the truths of Scripture for yourself.
• CATCHING UP AND CATCHING ON: The first lesson of parts 2 & 3 are divided into two parts-the first for newcomers and the second for those who’ve completed the previous part. By the next week the new students will be caught up.
“Refreshing, Renewing, and Rewarding … Wow! This series, Cookies on the Lower Shelf, will help you grasp the big picture of God’s Word: book-by-book, and put your life in its proper context! Delightfully written and doable, this study is a must if you want to get a good, authentic overview of God’s Word.” – Kay Arthur
Don’t miss out. Get started on your journey through the Bible today!